Sunday, September 14, 2008

Grand Island and Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore shoot

Well I'm back from trip #1 and I'm off to trip #2 tomorrow, the Apostle Island National Lakeshore. I put up a quick edit slide show from Grand Island and Pictured Rocks. It takes a minute or two to load depending on your connection as there are about 150 images. To many, but...

We had some awesome light, howling winds, pretty days, starry nights and a sauna. Thanks to the generosity of Marty in Munising, who gave us a boat and cabin to work from, we were very

comfortable. Jeff and I shot a lot from the boat which was pretty tough going. Shooting digital and using image stabilized lens really increased the odds of getting sharp images. I stretched hard drive and camera batteries past their limits as I shot more than 20 gigs this trip. That's about 1700 images. I knew you were dying to know that. The Light House in some of the shots is the Grand Island East Channel Light . One of the Great Lakes most photogenic lighthouses has been in danger of collapse. But thanks to a small, but dedicated group of local volunteers, including Marty, the Grand Island East Channel Light has been saved for future generations to see.

Ok, gotta go pack.

No comments: